15 Scriptures to Soothe an Anxious Heart
By: Tiffany Langford
Worrying is something I have dealt with to the point I’ve made myself sick. Anxiety creeps in, just like the cruel, ugly disease that it is, and burdens my heart.
But if His eye is on the sparrow, how much more does He promise to watch over us?
We get so consumed with our daily life. Financial problems, relational problems, emotional problems seem to get the best of us.
But as a wife, mother, and child of God I don’t want to let fear consume my heart any longer.
The best way you can overcome panic is with prayer.
Don’t feed into your worries. Don’t feed the lies of the enemy. The enemy’s desire and purpose is to kill, steal, and destroy. He can’t touch your life or family, so he touches your mind.
Today I refuse to give the enemy any foothold. I will bring my worries to the feet of the cross and let my Heavenly Father, Jehovah Shalom, cover me in his peace.
I’ve never known such a wonderful resting place as in the arms of our loving Savior. I pray He wraps you in His love today and that you are totally consumed by His peace and love.
Here are 15 Scriptures to help soothe your anxious heart
1. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” ~Deuteronomy 31:6
2. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11
3. “There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.” ~Deuteronomy 1:31
4. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” ~ Matthew 6:25-26
5. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” ~Psalm 55:22
6. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” ~Romans 8:28
7. “They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. ” ~Psalm 112:7
8. “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” ~Lamentations 3:22
9. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~Psalm 46:1
10. “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.” ~Psalm 138:8
11. “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.” ~1 John 4:18
12. “So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful Slavs. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call him, “Abba, father.” ~Romans 8:14-15
13. “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~Isaiah 40:31
14. “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” ~Matt 6:27
15. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” ~Psalm 73:26
Rest in His love today and cast all of your cares on Him. He cares for you more than you can ever understand.
Would you like to print this out and keep for yourself?
You can download this PDF for free here >15 Scriptures to Soothe Your Anxious Heart